Updated: Jun 1
1) Avoid all screen use for 2 hours prior to bedtime (TV, laptop, phone, iPad, etc)
2) Epsom salt baths: Add 2 cups of salts to tub and soak for at least 20 minutes, 2-3 times per week
3) Lavender essential oil: Apply to temples and back of neck, AND apply 2-3 drops to palms and cover your nose at bedtime. Inhale slowly several times .
4) Peppermint oil: Smell peppermint oil in the morning to help you wake up
5) Read a PHYSICAL book for 15-20 minutes before going to sleep
6) Avoid any exercise for 3 hours prior to bedtime
8) Create a habit of going to bed by 10pm. Getting to bed by this time allows the body to have more restorative sleep versus going to bed at midnight or later.
At IVY Integrative, you can work with one practitioner or build your own team of holistic practitioners! Reach your optimum health in-person or online. Check out our Get Started page to learn how to work with us!
Author: Dr. Jenna Scott, ND
FOR MORE RESOURCES ON SLEEP, CHECK OUT:
IVY's Shop: Green Living Fitness
This information is generalized and intended for educational purposes only. Due to potential individual contraindications, please see your primary care provider before implementing any strategies in these posts.